Annual Meeting Notice & Nominations Announcement
As a member-owned, cooperative financial institution, Federal Employees West Federal Credit Union is operated under the supervision of a voluntary Board of Directors. Each year, at the Credit Union’s Annual Business Meeting, Board Members are elected from the membership.
The Annual Business Meeting will be held on Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 11:30 am at Frantones in Cerritos, CA. The address is 10808 Alondra Blvd., Cerritos, CA 90703. A light lunch will be served. All members are invited to attend. Election procedures will follow guidelines set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and approved by the Board of Directors for Federal Employees West Federal Credit Union.
- The Board of Directors has appointed a Nominating Committee which will present names of candidates to be considered for election to fill expiring terms on the Board. The Nominating Committee serves on behalf of all members to help ensure that Board Members will be qualified and able to fulfill their duties.
- Any member age 18 or older who is interested in being considered for election to the Board of Directors should provide a nomination by petition. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Business Meeting. The election will be conducted by ballot only if nominees by petition qualify with the Secretary of the Credit Union by February 28, 2019. If a ballot election is held at the Annual Business Meeting, only members who are age 16 and older may vote. In the event there are no nominees by petition, those nominees presented by the Nominating Committee will be elected by acclamation.
- Each nominee by petition must submit a written statement of qualifications and biographical data within the petition. Nominations by petition should also be accompanied by a signed certificate from the nominee stating that he or she is agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected to office.
- Nominations by petition must be received at the main office of Federal Employees West Federal Credit Union, 611 W. 6th Street, Suite 875, Los Angeles, CA 90017, by February 28, 2019.
- At least 30 days prior to the Annual Business Meeting, the names of members recommended by the Nominating Committee, as well as names of any members qualifying by nomination by petition, will be posted at the office of Federal Employees West Federal Credit Union.
Unless additional qualifying nominations are received by February 28, 2019,the nominees listed below will be elected by acclamation at the Annual Business Meeting to be held March 30, 2019. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Business Meeting.
Nominees for the Board of Directors
This year, your Credit Union will be realigning the terms of our Board Members to improve the Board election process. As a result, your Credit Union will be nominating five positions on the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee, appointed by the Board Chair, has nominated one member for each of the five open board positions. There were no nominations by petition filed. There will be no nominations from the floor at the annual meeting and an election will not be conducted where the number of nominees equals the number of positions to be filled. In such cases, election is declared by general consent of acclamation. The nominees are as follows:
TerryLynn Padilla, Incumbent
Lily Monterroso, Incumbent
Cristina Velasco, Incumbent
Edward Fox, Incumbent
Sally Gomez, Incumbent